Good stuff here by Dr. Michael J. Kruger.
Ten Basic Facts about the NT Canon that Every Christian Should Memorize
- The New Testament Books are the Earliest Christian Writings We Possess
- Apocryphal Writings are All Written in the Second Century or Later
- The New Testament Books Are Unique Because They Are Apostolic Books
- Some NT Writers Quote Other NT Writers as Scripture
- The Four Gospels are Well Established by the End of the Second Century
- At the End of the Second Century, the Muratorian Fragment lists 22 of our 27 NT books
- Early Christians Often Used Non-Canonical Writings
- The NT Canon Was Not Decided at Nicea—Nor Any Other Church Council
- Christians Did Disagree about the Canonicity of Some NT Books
- Early Christians Believed that Canonical Books were Self-Authenticating
Tip o’ the hat to my friend Kevin Bywater.
See also Kruger’s 10 Misconceptions About the NT Canon.
Please consider sharing: