The tone of this blogspot is a reflective exchange of ideas combined with intellectual humility and reasoned, disciplined responses. You may learn more about me here and please do read the guidelines before submitting your contribution.
- Be courteous in speech, i.e., no profanity. There are plenty of colorful words in the English language that capture the essence of human thought and feeling without regressively resorting to offensive or abusive talk.
- Be civil toward others. While it’s reasonable to disagree, don’t attack the person behind the argument (ad hominem); address the argument in se or directly.
- Be open to antithesis. While belief in the historic Christian faith is essential to my identity (and perhaps to yours), consider alternative ideas and graciously interact with paradigms and presuppositions that you may not share.
- Be inclusive. When possible, include everyone when you mean to do so. Rather than using “man” or “mankind” say “humanity” or “humankind.” It has everything to do with good, clear writing and nothing to do with political correctness.
- Be relevant, keeping your posts on topic. Don’t use this blog to discuss trivia like what’s on sale at the mall or your favorite restaurant.
- Be reasonable and think carefully about the line of argument or logic used by others and respond accordingly. If logical or inconsistent errors are identified, point them out and provide a reasonable response that promotes consistency in thought and clarity in communication.
- Finally, be informed. Although no entry will be modified, as the moderator/originator of this Blog, I reserve the right to remove, without warning, any entry that violates these guidelines.