The tone of this site encourages a thoughtful exchange of ideas shaped by intellectual humility and reasoned, disciplined responses. Kindly read the guidelines here before submitting your contribution.
- Be courteous in speech, i.e., no profanity. There are plenty of colorful words in the English language that capture the essence of human thought and feeling without regressively resorting to offensive or abusive talk.
- Be civil toward others. While it’s reasonable to disagree, don’t attack the person behind the argument (ad hominem); address the argument in se or directly.
- Be open to antithesis. While belief in the historic Christian faith is essential to my identity (and perhaps to yours), consider alternative ideas as you reasonably and graciously interact with paradigms and presuppositions that you may not share.
- Be inclusive. When possible, include everyone when you mean to do so. Rather than using “man” or “mankind” say “humanity” or “humankind.” It has everything to do with good, clear writing and nothing to do with political correctness.
- Be relevant, keeping your posts on topic. Don’t use this blog to discuss trivia like what’s on sale at the mall or your favorite restaurant.
- Be reasonable and think carefully about the line of argument or logic used by others and respond accordingly. If logical or inconsistent errors are identified, point them out and provide a reasonable response that promotes consistency in thought and clarity in communication.
- Finally, be informed. This is my space. I reserve the right to remove, without warning, any entry that violates these guidelines.